La Mesta possesses versatile expertise for handling and producing intermediates and finished products in solid or liquid form. This requires special equipment adapted to the physical-chemical properties of each of these products.
To manipulate and produce solids, La Mesta has specific equipments for the filtration, drying and packaging of powders, including those that are particularly sensitive (needing containment, air or friction sensitive, corrosive powder, etc.).
- Filter dryers:
- from 1 to 6 m2
- Stainless steel, Uranus & Hastelloy
- Up to 2 tonnes of powder per lotbatch
- Static vacuum heat chamber
- Agitated dryers
- Volumes from 100 to 1,600 litres
- Stainless steel and enamelglass lined
- Heating up to 80°C (with ~1mbar high vacuums)
- Corrosive powder management
- Air-filtered, airlock clean room and pressure cascade system: Classes C and D
Distillation is a complete form of expertise in our industry. Being able to separate liquid products on an industrial scale that have very close boiling points or purify of heat-sensitive composites presents challenges that La Mesta possesses all the equipment to take on.
- Fine fractional distillation tankscolumns:
- 3000 L, ~1mbar high vacuums and 65 theoretical plates
- 500 L, ~1mbar high vacuums and 30 theoretical plates
- Reactor Vessels equipped with distillation column tanks:
- From 1 to 15 theoretical plates
- Temperature: up to 175°C
- ~1mbar high vacuums
- Distillation of heat-sensitive products
- o Flash evaporator with distiller boiler of 4m3 or 10m3 – ~0.3mbar high vacuums – temperature 300°C – tank of 20 plates
- Wipe Thin film evaporator: Specific surface of 1 m² – ~0.1mbar high vacuum – temperature 300°C